Bad Romeo





When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time.

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks.






Cover: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5

Overall Rating: 5 FLUFFING STARS!

First Reaction:

That cover looks really pretty and the synopsis is really intruiging. I'm going to give this book a try.

After a few pages...
Ethan Holt is so sexy! I cannot handle the heat. Why am I attracted to bad boys? Why!

After Reading:

I.CANNOT.BELIEVE.IT.
THIS.BOOK.IS.FLUFFING.AWESOME.


Bad Romeo was captivating, mesmerizing, intriguing and I don't even think there's enough adjectives in the English language to describe how amazing this book truly is.

I don't usually like reading books where the book changes from the past to the present since it really confuses the heck out of me, but it was not the case in this book. The way the events moved from past to present was written so smoothly there wasn't any confusion on my part. Another thing which I absolutely adored was the way the events that happened in the past is similar to what was happening in the present. Unlike a lot of the other books I read where the book is moving from past to present, this one did not have many differences so that reading it wasn't that confusing.

The characters were all divine and I have a love-hate relationship with Ethan's character since one moment he goes out and say hateful things to Taylor



Jesus, Taylor, I can't even cope with being in the same room as you.

and then would be able to say such heartwarming things, that I cannot fully decide if he's a douche or if he really is the one for Cassie.

It's easier to expect nothing because nothing can be taken away from you. But it doesn't work like that. I tried to convince myself I wanted nothing from you and ended up losing everything.


description

Cassie Taylor was a character that I didn't like that much at first because she was such a people pleaser. There was one part in the book that all her other classmates said they hated something and Ethan disagreed with them and when it was her turn instead of expressing what she truly felt regarding the play, she just went with what other people did. There were other moments in the first part of this book that shows how much she likes pleasing other people which totally annoyed me since it doesn't seem that she had her own voice.

I was only able to hear her own opinions when she was with Ethan. Which was like most of the duration of the book. Since most of the scenes which she was a people pleaser was in the past, I really hope that in the next book I could see how much she grew as an individual.

Another thing which I loved about this book was that even though I could not really see how the characters acted their roles in the plays they performed, I could visualize it so perfectly it's like I'm watching them act live. I also love how even though I didn't like the character at some parts of the book, they were able to make me feel emotions which not a lot of book can do to me.

Overall, Bad Romeo is a book that made me feel emotions and made me believe in true love.


Received digital edition from publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review


post signature

7 comments:

  1. I tagged you to write a post about how reading has impacted your life :) Check it out!
    http://andsothebookbegins.blogspot.com/2014/12/discussion-post-how-reading-has.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I love BR and cannot wait for Juliet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so awesome. Unlike you I love books that take place both in the past and the present because I usually feel like I can understand a character's personality better if I can parts of see her/his past. BTW, you're right that cover is real pretty.

    Wonderful review!
    Veronika @ http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like reading it too but sometimes its hard when a book switches from past to present without an indication whatsoever.

      Delete
  4. I think I'm going to add it to my Wish List ^^ Good review by the way :)

    ReplyDelete